- Solid material that mimics human bone
- Available in different shapes and concentrations of Calcium Hydroxyapatite (CaHA)
Calcium Hydroxyapatite (CaHA) is the basic component of human bone (> 40% CaHA). It is ideal for the following applications:
- bone calibration
- bone density measurements
- bone (spine, hip, etc.) in anthropomorphic phantoms
- Ca-plugs and stenosis in coronary arteries
- high attenuating spheres.
The basic material, which is mixed with a specific fraction of CaHA, is available as tissue equivalent or fat.
Different densities of CaHA or specified CT HU values are available.